Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I posted this from a request. I make this quite often is so easy you won't believe how good it is.
- noodles (zita, spaghetti, lasagne, etc your choice)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cottage cheese (small container)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- salt and pepper
- mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 lb browned Italian sausage (optional) or 1⁄2 lb lean beef (optional) or 1⁄2 lb chicken, added to sauce (optional)
- Cook noodles.
- In the meantime; to cottage cheese add; Parmesan, basil, oregano, salt and pepper In a casserole layer: 1/4 c sauce, noodles, cottage cheese mixture, mozzarella.
- End with a little sauce on top and a little extra parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for about 25-30 minutes or until center is bubbly.
- Serve with hot garlic bread and a small salad.
This is very easy! I used Ricotta instead of cottage cheese, had spaghetti sauce in freezer (had ground beef, mushrooms, peppers and onions in it) I used Mafalda pasta...which turned out perfect for this dish! I also had some provolone so mixed it up with mozza. Thank you for a great quick meal!
I made this on a week night, after getting home from work. It's quick, easy and delicious. The kids loved it, which is always a bonus. I used 4 cloves fresh garlic instead of powder. Will make this again. Thank you!
I decided to try this lasagne recipe because it looked the quickest out of all the others on this site. I'm really glad I did because it is delicious. Just the right combination of spices in the cheese. You have to use your cooking know-how since the recipe doesn't tell you how many noodles, what size spaghetti sauce, or how much mozzarella to use. I think that's what makes this recipe great - make it as cheesy or saucy as you like! You can even make it without the meat. If you're in a hurry for some lasagne, this is the perfect recipe. It's a keeper!