Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the easiest cake ever. It tasted like you were in the kitchen for hours (you were, eating the cake). Enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beat well
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all cake ingredients together with a spoon.
- Pour in 12x14 sheet pan sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Mix icing ingredients together and spread on cooled cake.
This is a lovely light Carrot Cake, and the cream cheese icing is the best topping for it. love it, thanks for posting.
This cake was okay but tasted very oily to me. I didn't taste the carrots or spices, just oil. I would not make it again.
This is a wonderful carrot cake! I make it every year for my husbands birthday. I grate my carrots in the food processor and use 1 cup of butter and half a cup of oil and it comes out perfect.