Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my family's favorite soup ... even my kids enjoy it! I have made this for our church's soup suppers and I always come home with an empty crock pot!
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and lightly sauté onion.
- Add flour, bouillon cubes and seasonings, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli according to package directions.
- Add broccoli and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- At this point, you could put in a crock set on low until ready to serve.
- NOTE: When I make this in the crock pot, I triple the cream soup base and add 2 packages of the broccoli florets.
This was as delicious as it was easy! I steamed the broccoli, but it would be even better with roasted broccoli. I used four cans of evaporated milk. Next time I'll use evaporated skim milk. I cut the butter to 5 tablespoons. I think it could be cut further to 3 tablespoons with no loss of flavor. I used Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning instead of Lawry's. I WILL prepare this regularly. Yum!
This soup was very tasty! It was easy to make and me and my husband loved eating it. I added 5 instead of 6 spoons of butter to make it a little healthier and I used 1% milk and it still tasted amazing! I really like there is no cheese in this soup. I thought I would need to add some but it truly didn't need it! Thanks for sharing this keeper!
This was really good! I added 1 teaspoon of ground dill seed and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a double batch.