This is my family's favorite soup ... even my kids enjoy it! I have made this for our church's soup suppers and I always come home with an empty crock pot!
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and lightly sauté onion.
- Add flour, bouillon cubes and seasonings, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli according to package directions.
- Add broccoli and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- At this point, you could put in a crock set on low until ready to serve.
- NOTE: When I make this in the crock pot, I triple the cream soup base and add 2 packages of the broccoli florets.