Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Paula Dean created this recipe for Smithfield. A great egg, cheese, and ham casserole.
- 2 cups Smithfield Ham, diced
- 24 ounces hash browns
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, grated (can substitute cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (omit if using Smithfield ham)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a casserole dish, layer hash brown, ham, and cheese.
- Melt butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together green onions, eggs, milk, sour cream, butter, pepper, and salt.
- Pour mixture over casserole and bake for an hour.