Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This wonderful recipe was featured during Paula's recent television appearance on Oprah's show --- I made it recently but added in 2 scant teaspoons fresh minced garlic and Tabasco, I also increased the nuts for the outside of the ball, this may be made up to 24 hours in advance, try this, you will love it! :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (white parts only)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans (Paula uses Fisher pecans)
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and finely crumbled
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Place the cream cheese and milk in a bowl; beat until well combined.
- Add in shredded cheese, onions, pimento and HALF of each, crumbled bacon and chopped pecans; mix to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap, then form into a ball; cover tightly and chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- In a pie plate mix together the remaining chopped pecans and bacon, then mix in the parsley and poppy seeds.
- Unwrap the cheese ball then gently roll into the nut mixture.
- Wrap again in a clean piece of plastic wrap and chill up to 24 hours.