Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Paula's Best Chicken and Rice Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 192.77 g box Spanish rice
- 473.18 ml water
- 283.49 g candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 946.36 ml chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (453.59 g) packageshredded colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 226.79 g packageshredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 283.49 g can enchilada sauce
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 3 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add rice, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- Stir in 2 cups water, diced tomatoes with green chiles, onion, and seasoning packet from rice mix.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Decrease heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Spoon rice mixture into a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese to rice mixture, stirring until cheese melts.
- Add chicken, one 8 oz. package shredded Colby-Jack cheese, sour cream cumin, and chili powder; stir to combine.
- Arrange 1/3 of torn tortillas over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Top with 1/3 of chicken mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining package of Colby-Jack cheese and Monterey Jack cheese with peppers.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of cheese mixture over chicken mixture.
- Repeat layers twice with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese mixture.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over casserole.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.