1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 192.77 g box Spanish rice
- 473.18 ml water
- 283.49 g can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 946.36 ml chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (453.59 g) package shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 226.79 g package shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 283.49 g can enchilada sauce
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Spray a 3 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Add rice, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- 5Stir in 2 cups water, diced tomatoes with green chiles, onion, and seasoning packet from rice mix.
- 6Bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- 7Decrease heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 8Spoon rice mixture into a large bowl.
- 9Add cream cheese to rice mixture, stirring until cheese melts.
- 10Add chicken, one 8 oz. package shredded Colby-Jack cheese, sour cream cumin, and chili powder; stir to combine.
- 11Arrange 1/3 of torn tortillas over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- 12Top with 1/3 of chicken mixture.
- 13In a medium bowl, combine remaining package of Colby-Jack cheese and Monterey Jack cheese with peppers.
- 14Sprinkle 1/3 of cheese mixture over chicken mixture.
- 15Repeat layers twice with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese mixture.
- 16Pour enchilada sauce evenly over casserole.
- 17Bake for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 18Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula's Best Chicken and Rice Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.7
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.7 mg
- Sodium 1161.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: