Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed round steaks, cut into thin strips
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- cooked egg noodles
- Season the steak strips with House Seasoning, then dust with flour. In a large skillet, quickly brown them on both sides in the olive oil and butter. Remove the steak from the pan. Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings. Saute for a few minutes, until the onion is tender. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Put the steak back into the pan with the onion and mushrooms. Add the mushroom soup and beef broth. Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, covered. Adjust seasoning to taste, adding salt and pepper, as needed. Stir in the sour cream the last few minutes, right before you serve. Serve over cooked noodles.
Very delicious thank you!
Easy, and excellent flavor. I used ambuler's idea of reducing the beef broth and adding red wine. I didn't make house seasoning, but sprinkled the beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder. I certainly will make this again.
My husband and I thought this was a pretty good recipe. It was a quick and tasty dinner. I cut the amount of beef broth to 7 oz. and added 4 oz. of red wine. I also used reduced fat soup and plain yogurt instead of sour cream to cut some fat and calories.