Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
I saw Paula make this on her show and it looked delectable.
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil, water, zucchini and lemon juice.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Fold in nuts.
- Bake in 2 standard loaf pans for 1 hour, or 5 mini-loaf pans for 45 minutes, or until tester inserted comes out clean.
Not a favorite! Too dense and bland. If I make this again, which I doubt, I will use brown sugar.
I love this recipe and have made it several times, it's my go-to zuke bread. I use half oil and half applesauce and cut the sugar as well. I used to have issues with it sticking to the pans, so now I spray it with Bakers Joy or put parchment in the pan bottoms, which works like a charm. This makes a beautiful crusty bread.
I made several small loaves today to give to neighbors as Christmas gifts. Luckily I tasted it a slice first. The taste was bland. I was embarrassed to give them as gifts. Also, it took longer to bake than the recipe said.I will not be making this again.