Recipe by Britt O's sweetie pie
This is wonderful and so easy to make. I wanted to try it out for Christmas and made this and talk about good. I got this recipe from Paula Deen's Christmas magazine. This is not for those watching calories.
- 1 (21 ounce) packagechewy fudge brownie mix, baked according to package directions
- 1 egg (according to package directions)
- 1⁄4 cup water (according to package directions)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (according to package directions)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups toasted whole pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake brownies according to package. Let cool and crumble brownies, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and eggs. Stir in salt, vanilla and chopped pecans. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool completely.
- In a trifle dish layer brownies, pecan mixture, whipped topping, caramel and toasted whole pecans as desired. Chill for two hours before serving.
- Can also make mini trifles by using small clear dessert dishes to make individual servings.