Recipe by Girly_Girl_Lori
I got this recipe from Paula's Cooking on Food Network. We made them yesterday for the Forth of July, and I had to print out recipes for everyone as they were leaving!!! Even the beef eaters liked these!
Top Review by wallstreet7
I made these according to the recipe. They were not very good. My hubby didn't care for them either. Just the combination of garlic and tuna didn't taste good. The pimento and horseradish were undetectable as far as flavor goes. I did, however, make them again eliminating the pimento, garlic, and horseradish. I did add 1/2 tsp salt. Now, they were really good with a piece of American cheese
- 2 (340.19 g) can solid white tuna, drained
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 14.79 ml chopped pimiento (optional)
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 7.39 ml prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, bread crumbs, and egg, and stir lightly.
- Add the onion, celery, pimento (if using), lemon juice, horseradish, garlic, and pepper, and mix again.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook the patties, covered, until golden brown. (We began cooking on the grill and finished in the oven). Carefully flip the patties and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- Finish baking in the oven until golden brown.