Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from Paula's Cooking on Food Network. We made them yesterday for the Forth of July, and I had to print out recipes for everyone as they were leaving!!! Even the beef eaters liked these!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, bread crumbs, and egg, and stir lightly.
- Add the onion, celery, pimento (if using), lemon juice, horseradish, garlic, and pepper, and mix again.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook the patties, covered, until golden brown. (We began cooking on the grill and finished in the oven). Carefully flip the patties and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- Finish baking in the oven until golden brown.
I made these according to the recipe. They were not very good. My hubby didn't care for them either. Just the combination of garlic and tuna didn't taste good. The pimento and horseradish were undetectable as far as flavor goes. I did, however, make them again eliminating the pimento, garlic, and horseradish. I did add 1/2 tsp salt. Now, they were really good with a piece of American cheese