Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These ribs can either be grilled or baked. Since the temperature is too cold for grilling at the moment, I've only tried the baked version. These ribs are quite peppery, so if you're not a huge fan of black pepper I would recommend reducing the amount in the recipe by half.
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork rib racks (st. louis-cut ribs)
- To make the rib rub, combine all the ingredients. Rub over the surface of the ribs to coat.
- Preheat BBQ or oven to 250 degrees F.
- Rub both sides of the rack of ribs evenly with the rib rub. Place on the grill or in the oven, bone side sown, and roast for about 3 hours. About 15 minutes before the ribs are done, turn the rack over and let the other side get some color. (In the oven, turn the ribs every half hour, then broil to brown.) When the ribs are done, the rack relaxes and droops when you lift it at the center.
Savory rib rub with plenty black pepper and celery salt and not a hint of SUGAR. Very good and nice change from all the sweet ribs! Baked in oven 3 hrs, covered with foil then removed foil for last half hour. Nice and tender.