Recipe by MilanzMom
These are a great alternative to traditional sweet potatoes for the holidays. I saw her make them on her Thanksgiving special and they are very easy.
Top Review by alisamarie07
I am planning on making these for the first time this Thanksgiving. I saw that it feeds 4-6... anyone know about how many balls this makes? I have to make for a large family gathering.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 158.51 ml packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- 2.46 ml grated fresh nutmeg
- 473.18 ml shredded coconut, sweetened
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- marshmallows, 1 large marshmallow per potato ball
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake the potatoes until tender, then peel and mash them.
- Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, zest and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, toss the coconut with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Press mashed potatoes around each marshmallow, creating a 2 to 3-inch diameter ball.
- Roll the balls in the coconut mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the expanding marshmallows can cause the potato balls to burst open.