These are a great alternative to traditional sweet potatoes for the holidays. I saw her make them on her Thanksgiving special and they are very easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Bake the potatoes until tender, then peel and mash them.
- 3Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, zest and nutmeg.
- 4In a separate bowl, toss the coconut with the sugar and cinnamon.
- 5Press mashed potatoes around each marshmallow, creating a 2 to 3-inch diameter ball.
- 6Roll the balls in the coconut mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the expanding marshmallows can cause the potato balls to burst open.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Sweet Potato Balls
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.8
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 204.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 86.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g