A delicious, melt in your mouth cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 (4 ounce) jars strained carrot baby food
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
For the frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour 3 (8 or 9-inch) cake pans.
- 3For the cake:
- 4Mix together the flour, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients and blend well with a handheld electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 8Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- 9Invert onto lint-free dishcloth, or waxed paper, and allow to cool completely.
- 10For the frosting:
- 11Mix all ingredients with handheld electric mixer and blend until smooth and creamy.
- 12Frost layers, top, and sides of cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Sweet Baby Jack Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.7
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 306.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 53.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g