Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious, melt in your mouth cake!
Make and share this Paula Deen's Sweet Baby Jack Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- butter, for greasing pans
- flour, for dusting pans
For the cake
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 (4 ounce) jarsstrained carrot baby food
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
For the frosting
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 3 (8 or 9-inch) cake pans.
- For the cake:
- Mix together the flour, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well with a handheld electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto lint-free dishcloth, or waxed paper, and allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting:
- Mix all ingredients with handheld electric mixer and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Frost layers, top, and sides of cooled cake.
Loved this! It is so light very different from your original dense cake. Yum, yum, YUMMY!
This will be the only carrot cake I make from now on, it was moist and wonderful. I've also heard you can substitute the baby food for applesauce, sweet potato or pumpkin baby food.