Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Paula Deen's Quick & Easy Meals, Special Collector's Issue. Cook time does not include the 1 hour and 10 minutes you have to allow for letting the cakes sit.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
sweet pink glaze (recipe follows)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2") loaf pans.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in sour cream and strawberries. Divide mixture evenly between prepared pans. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Spoon Sweet Pink Glaze over warm cake, let stand 1 hour; remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sweet Pink Glaze:.
- 1 c powdered sugar.
- 2 tbsps milk.
- 1 drop red food coloring.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth.
Made this recipe for dessert for Easter yesterday, it was a HUGE hit! So delicious! Thanks Paula, you never do me wrong!!
The flavor of this pound cake is delicious. Very buttery and very wonderful strawberry flavor. However, there is a problem to this recipe...the cake collasped out of the oven and it is extremely densed. Not sure if it is because there is no baking powder or baking soda in the recipe that caused this.