Recipe by Anita Harris
From Paula Deen's Quick & Easy Meals, Special Collector's Issue. Cook time does not include the 1 hour and 10 minutes you have to allow for letting the cakes sit.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
sweet pink glaze (recipe follows)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 drop red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2") loaf pans.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in sour cream and strawberries. Divide mixture evenly between prepared pans. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Spoon Sweet Pink Glaze over warm cake, let stand 1 hour; remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sweet Pink Glaze:.
- 1 c powdered sugar.
- 2 tbsps milk.
- 1 drop red food coloring.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth.