Recipe by HeidiSue
Different than your usual strawberry shortcake. Easy & Delicious!
Top Review by Mimi Bobeck
No Kidding this was easy. And DELISH! (only for me - it was not 8-10 servings.... it was one LARGE serving just for me!) This was the best Strawberry Short cake recipe I've ever had - including in restaurants. Thank you HeidiSue for sharing. I'll have to start watching Paula Deen if all her recipes are this good! ***MADE AND REVIEWED FOR ZAARTAG***
- 1 large sara lee poundcake
- 144.58 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 354.88 ml water
- 236.59 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 340.19 g container Cool Whip
- 473.18 ml strawberries, hulled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the cake very thin and lay half the slices in a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the pudding mix, water, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Pour half of this over the cake and lay half of the strawberries on top.
- Repeat to make second layer.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.