Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very simple, but oh so delightful spice cake. I saw Paula make this on her show and since I love Love LOVE cinnamon, had to make one. I did already have everything on-hand because I use spice cake mixes for my gingerbread men. I always stock up at the holidays when they're on sale. Next time you need a coffee cake, serve this one!
- 1 (18 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, instant pudding, sour cream, eggs, and corn oil and beat together well.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with sugar mixture, reserving a little to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the rest of batter into pan and sprinkle with the rest of sugar mixture.
- Bake 1 hour. Let cool and remove from pan.
So moist so good! I put some whole pecans in the bottom of the pan before I put the batter in. It looked nice when I took it out of the pan. In step 5 the sugar mixture did not stick to the top/bottom of the cake very well when turned out. Next time I may try raw sugar and put it in the bottom of the pan before the batter goes in. My cake was done in 50 minutes. Made for *Cake a Thon in Memory of Chef I Am* 2007
This is a great cake. I especially love the sweet taste of the cinnamon, sugar and pecans you put on top, or actually bottom of the cake. Will make again. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the wonderful smell this cake has when it's baking, WOW it filled the house.
I made this as a treat last night for my children because they cleaned the house! What a fabulous, easy recipe this was. It went together easily and quickly. I used Recipe #45672 Pampered Chef Baking Spice instead of the cinnamon called for and it was wonderful....it intensified the spice flavor of the whole cake. I barely let the cake cool enough before taking the first slice. Pure heaven. This morning, I noticed 3/4 of the cake was gone. Definitely a winner! I will be making this again and remembering Amy with each and every bite.