Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Cooking with Paula Dean Nov/Dec 2012.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs sirloin tip roast, cut into 1 1/2 ' pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (bottled type)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Cook in batches for 4-5 minutes or until pieces are browned on all sides.
- In a 4-6 qt slow cooker, combine roast, onion and next 7 ingedients. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or until beef is tender. Cook noodles according to pkg directions. Serve beef over the noodles.
Made for My three Chefs. Very easy and good beef stroganoff recipe... Tried to give it 4 stars but the stars are not working.....