Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are loose meat sandwiches that aren't like your regular old sloppy joes. And they are super easy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 -3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup prepared French onion soup (mix with the water)
- yellow mustard
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and drain.
- Return ground beef to skillet and sprinkle in 2 to 3 tablespoons flour.
- Add onion soup, stir, and cook until meat mixture is thickened and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Spread mustard on white bread, spoon ground beef mixture onto bread and top with onion.
I made this recipe like Paula did on the show - using a can of French Onion soup, not a dry seasoning packet. I also love mayo put that on the bread instead of mustard.
A family favorite. Bypassing the tomato based goo, this recipe is handy for a quick solution to 'what's for dinner?' We also use this as a base for other recipes, as it has a beefy flavor and is suitable in other recipes (beefy cheesy mac for example.) We really like this and the kiddos liked it too. A definate keeper!
Wow! Not like canned Sloppy Joes. More like Salisbury steak! Really!