This recipe comes from Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces shrimp or 8 ounces lobster meat, cooked
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- thyme, pinch
- 3 -4 green onions with tops, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup milk (soup can full)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy cream (soup can full)
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1Finely chop the shrimp or lobster meat and marinate 30 minutes in 2 T. of sherry and the thyme.
- 2Saute onions in butter until soft.
- 3Add shrimp or lobster meat and cook over a low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine tomato soup and milk and blend mushroom soup with cream. Combine the two soup mixtures with the shrimp-lobster sautee.
- 5Simmer over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- 6Add more sherry to taste.
- 7Cool, then mix in blender until thick and smooth.
- 8To serve, reheat in a double boiler.
- 9Add more sherry to taste and garnish with chopped parsley.
- 10NOTE: I boiled 2 lobster tails in salted water for approximately 5 minutes. Then, I let them cool and removed the meat.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Shrimp or Lobster Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.6
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 176.7 mg
- Sodium 1237.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g