Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics book.
- 8 ounces shrimp or 8 ounces lobster meat, cooked
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- thyme, pinch
- 3 -4 green onions with tops, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup milk (soup can full)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy cream (soup can full)
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- Finely chop the shrimp or lobster meat and marinate 30 minutes in 2 T. of sherry and the thyme.
- Saute onions in butter until soft.
- Add shrimp or lobster meat and cook over a low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomato soup and milk and blend mushroom soup with cream. Combine the two soup mixtures with the shrimp-lobster sautee.
- Simmer over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add more sherry to taste.
- Cool, then mix in blender until thick and smooth.
- To serve, reheat in a double boiler.
- Add more sherry to taste and garnish with chopped parsley.
- NOTE: I boiled 2 lobster tails in salted water for approximately 5 minutes. Then, I let them cool and removed the meat.
First time we made lobster bisque, we used leftover lobster from a meal the night before. We added more sherry than the recipe asked, about 3-4 ounces. We did not blend the bisque at the end because we wanted it chunky. It was easy to make, took about and hour and tasted just like the restaurant.