- 2 lbs dried navy beans
- 4 quarts water
- 1 slice cooked spiral cut ham, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse beans in hot water until they are white.
- Place beans in stockpot, add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion to butter and saute until lightly brown, then add to pot of beans.
- Remove 2 cups bean mixture, puree in blender, then return to stockpot.
- Add ham to soup.
- Just before serving, add salt and pepper to taste, then garnish with parsley.