Recipe by AmyZoe
I found this recipe to be a delight--lots of great and unexpected flavors. Recipe courtesy of The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook and Paula Deen.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- house seasoning (if you want to store on your own ( 1 cup salt, 1/4 c black pepper, and 1/4 c garlic powder. Mix well)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 medium orange, sectioned and seeded
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 pint strawberry, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill (chopped) or 1⁄2 cup fresh chervil (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place salmon fillet on a foil-lined pan.
- Season with House Seasoning and lemon juice, then cover and surround fish with orange, onion, and red and green bell pepper.
- Mix strawberries, water, honey, chervil or dill, garlic, and chives together.
- Pour evenly over salmon.
- Cover with foil and pierce foil, allowing salmon to steam.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice.