I found this recipe to be a delight--lots of great and unexpected flavors. Recipe courtesy of The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook and Paula Deen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- house seasoning (if you want to store on your own ( 1 cup salt, 1/4 c black pepper, and 1/4 c garlic powder. Mix well)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 medium orange, sectioned and seeded
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 pint strawberry, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh dill (chopped) or 1/2 cup fresh chervil (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place salmon fillet on a foil-lined pan.
- 3Season with House Seasoning and lemon juice, then cover and surround fish with orange, onion, and red and green bell pepper.
- 4Mix strawberries, water, honey, chervil or dill, garlic, and chives together.
- 5Pour evenly over salmon.
- 6Cover with foil and pierce foil, allowing salmon to steam.
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 8Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Savory Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 177.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 48.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: