Recipe by Lvs2Cook
These are perfect for breakfast! I modified the recipe a little bit and I half the recipe. I use less fat sausage and crescent dough. I think they would be excellent as an appetizer with hot sausage. Chilling time is not included in the prep or cook time.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 1 lb bulk sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Open dough and keeping in one piece as much as possible, place on a cookie sheet, unroll carefully, and pinch all the edges together. Do this for both cans of dough.
- Open sausage, cut the roll in half, and spread half thinly over both pieces of dough.
- Roll up the dough lengthwise. Place dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Cut rolls into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces and place the swirls 1/2 inch apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and sausage is thoroughly cooked.