1/2 Photos of Paula Deen's Sausage Swirls
These are perfect for breakfast! I modified the recipe a little bit and I half the recipe. I use less fat sausage and crescent dough. I think they would be excellent as an appetizer with hot sausage. Chilling time is not included in the prep or cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1Open dough and keeping in one piece as much as possible, place on a cookie sheet, unroll carefully, and pinch all the edges together. Do this for both cans of dough.
- 2Open sausage, cut the roll in half, and spread half thinly over both pieces of dough.
- 3Roll up the dough lengthwise. Place dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes until firm.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375º.
- 5Cut rolls into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces and place the swirls 1/2 inch apart on the cookie sheets.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and sausage is thoroughly cooked.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Sausage Swirls
Serving Size: 1 (909 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 170.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g