Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are perfect for breakfast! I modified the recipe a little bit and I half the recipe. I use less fat sausage and crescent dough. I think they would be excellent as an appetizer with hot sausage. Chilling time is not included in the prep or cook time.
- Open dough and keeping in one piece as much as possible, place on a cookie sheet, unroll carefully, and pinch all the edges together. Do this for both cans of dough.
- Open sausage, cut the roll in half, and spread half thinly over both pieces of dough.
- Roll up the dough lengthwise. Place dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Cut rolls into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces and place the swirls 1/2 inch apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and sausage is thoroughly cooked.
easy to make and can be made the night before and reheated - but did not like the taste or texture - I need to search for other similar recipes with more flavor.
OH MY!!! I made these this morning after i popped them in the fridge overnight and they were INCREDIBLE! My boyfriend just absolutely loved them and was ecstatic to find out I had more in the freezer(= Will def make these often!
10/14/09 update: I still can't say enough about how easy these are. Also, I sprinkle some dried diced jalapeno and some cheddar cheese on top of spicy sausage before rolling them up and baking. They are absolutely wonderful!! ******* Wow....its finally been done!! There is crescent roll dough in the stores that are in one sheet rather than precut. Talk about making this recipe a breeze to make!