Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw her make this on Food Network and it looks really good, so I thought I would post,
Make and share this Paula Deen's Sausage Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (use less if the sausage is salty)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, partially baked and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, crumble the sausage with a fork.
- Sauté the sausage until completely cooked.
- Drain off the fat, remove the sausage, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in another skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions in the butter until tender.
- Add the milk and heat until steam rises, but do not boil the milk.
- Cut the cream cheese into small pieces, add it to the onion mixture, and remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add the cheddar, the onion mixture, the Worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and pour this into the pie crust.
- Top with cooked sausage, and bake for 30 minutes, or until set.
THIS IS GREAT! I have made it two ways. I did it just as the recipe says to. As well I have mixed all the ingredients up together and than put them in the pie crust. I would suggest a deep dish pie crust mine always over flows... Take the time and try this you will be glad you did!
We thought this was just "okay" nothing spectacular, but not horrible either. We probably wont make it again. Nothing against the recipe, just our taste buds. Thanks for posting!
Made this for my husband. Great flavor. Definitely would make again.