1/6 Photos of Paula Deen's Praline French Toast Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
Very easy to make and delicious. Make it up the day before and set in refrigerator over night. This is a great recipe from a great southern cook, Paula Deen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 10 -12 slices soft bread, 1 inch thick
- 1Generously butter a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish;.
- 2Mix the eggs, half and half, maple syrup,and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Place the bread slices in the prepared casserole dish and cover with the egg mixture: cover with plastic wrap and let soak overnight in refrigerator.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees; remove the casserole from refrigerator.
- 5Make the Topping: melt the butter in a saucepan; add sugar and maple syrup and cook for 1 to 2 minutes; stir in pecans;.
- 6Pour the mixture over the bread and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, allow to cool 10 minutes before serving, enjoy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Praline French Toast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.0
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 233.2 mg
- Sodium 361.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 12.6 g