Very easy to make and delicious. Make it up the day before and set in refrigerator over night. This is a great recipe from a great southern cook, Paula Deen.
- Generously butter a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish;.
- Mix the eggs, half and half, maple syrup,and sugar in a large bowl.
- Place the bread slices in the prepared casserole dish and cover with the egg mixture: cover with plastic wrap and let soak overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; remove the casserole from refrigerator.
- Make the Topping: melt the butter in a saucepan; add sugar and maple syrup and cook for 1 to 2 minutes; stir in pecans;.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, allow to cool 10 minutes before serving, enjoy.