Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Paula has 2 tablespoons of Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up salt or seasoned salt listed on her recipe, I would definitely reduce the amount to 1-2 teaspoons, also I would add in 1 teaspoon ground black pepper --- serve this slightly warm or at room temperature
- 8 medium red potatoes (skins left on and washed thoroughly)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (tops only)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced pimento (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Aunt Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt (or use seasoned salt)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large pot cook the potatoes with skin on in boiling water until just fork-tender (about 12-15 minutes).
- Cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients until well blended; add in the cooked cubed potatoes and mix gently.
- Serve at room temperature.
This is just fantastic!!! I make it every year at least once. Don't let it just be a summertime food. It's great in the fall and winter too. Be careful on the dijon mustard though, it can make it really spicy if you're sensitive. My husband loves it hot because he uses it to clear his stuffy nose when he has a cold.(lol) Try it!
this is my family's all time favorite potato salad recipe. I don't like traditional mayonnaise based potato salad, but I could live off of this!
Kitten I love your recipes and also Paula Deen but this potato salad was just ok for us. I added an extra egg as three didnt look like enough with the chopped vegetables. Used about 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt and omitted the pimentos. Added the potatoes right after draining and folded everything together easily to not break up the potatoes. This was pretty good at room temperature but after refrigerating the leftovers the flavor seemed to breakdown. Sorry to say we didnt care for it enough to try and work with it. Might give this a try at a later date using Idaho potatoes. Feel better soon sweetie, miss seeing you on Zaar!