Recipe by MJMommy13
This is now my go to pot roast. She has a version of this recipe in one cookbook for the oven and another in the slow cooker. Both are excellent.
Top Review by Annacia
The time was a bit long for my 3 1/2 lb rump roast. It was a little over cooked and had reached "on the dry side" stage and the gravy would be much better if thickened. That said, the flavor was very nice and I would make this again but cooking for about 6 1/2 hrs instead of 8 and thickening the sauce. I should also say that I don't use wine (we just don't like it) and I used beef broth in it's place.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons house seasoning, recipe follows
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 -4 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle roast on all sides with house seasoning. Using a skillet over high heat, sear roast until brown in oil. Place roast in a slow cooker, and layer onions, bay leaves, crushed bouillon cubes, garlic, and cream of mushroom soup. Add the Chardonnay and cover with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Cook on the low setting for 8 hours.