Recipe by Marie
Have not tried this yet - posting so I can find the recipe the next time I want to make pot roast. It sounds wonderful!
Top Review by 16Paws
This was a very flavorful roast. I did make some technique changes to the posted recipe..After searing the roast on the stovetop and removing it to the crockpot, I deglazed the pan with the wine..I wasn't about to lose those yummy crusty pieces left. Also, I mixed the beef base (I use that instead of bouillon cubes), garlic, soup, and the deglazing wine together before pouring over the roast, onions and bay leaves. I did NOT add any extra water to this because I knew from experience that the roast would release quite a bit of its own juices. The result was a rich, flavorful gravy not watered down at all. I served this with mashed potatoes, steamed peas, and dinner rolls for a comfort food feast. DH loved it and I have two meals worth of leftovers in the freezer. Always a plus for a busy cook. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 -4 crushed bouillon cubes
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
House Seasoning use 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Make house seasoning by combining salt, pepper and garlic powder- store remainder in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of house seasoning on all sides of roast.
- Over high heat, sear roast until brown in oil.
- Place roast in slow cooker and layer onions, bay leaves, bouillon cubes, crushed garlic and cream of mushroom soup.
- Add Chardonnay and enough water to cover all of the ingredients.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours.