Source: Paula Deen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg yolks until combined.
- 2In a small bowl, combine flour, nutmeg and cardamom. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Beat in ground pistachios. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 4On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 5Cut with a 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter.
- 6Cut out centers of half the cookies with a 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter.
- 7Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets, and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- 8Let cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 9Spread cherry jam evenly over flat sides of uncut cookies.
- 10Top with flat sides of cutout cookies.
- 11Return to baking sheets, and bake for 2 minutes.
- 12Let cool completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Pistachio Linzertorte With Cherry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 25.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g