Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Source: Paula Deen
Make and share this Paula Deen's Pistachio Linzertorte With Cherry Jam recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg yolks until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, nutmeg and cardamom. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Beat in ground pistachios. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Cut out centers of half the cookies with a 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets, and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread cherry jam evenly over flat sides of uncut cookies.
- Top with flat sides of cutout cookies.
- Return to baking sheets, and bake for 2 minutes.
- Let cool completely on wire racks.