Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on Food network.
Make and share this Paula Deen's Pine Bark Candy recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 15 by 10 by 1-inch jelly roll pan with tin foil.
- Lightly spray foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place saltine crackers, salty side up, in prepared pan.
- In a saucepan, boil butter and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond extract.
- Pour mixture over crackers and bake for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with candy bars, and spread evenly as chocolate begins to melt.
- Cool slightly and transfer onto waxed paper.
- Allow to cool completely.
Nice caramel and chocolate bark candy! I had a problem with butter and sugar separating half way through boiling it but I just drained the separated butter out and used the remaining caramel mass and it turned out well. I would probably use only 1/2 cup butter next time to avoid this.
Delish! I made this last year for gift packages and everyone enjoyed it.
My Grandmother just made this and it was wonderful. Except for the chocolate since we ate it all, we have these things on hand all the time!!!!