Recipe by Punky Julster
I found this on Food network.
Top Review by rosslare
Nice caramel and chocolate bark candy! I had a problem with butter and sugar separating half way through boiling it but I just drained the separated butter out and used the remaining caramel mass and it turned out well. I would probably use only 1/2 cup butter next time to avoid this.
- 35 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 20 ounces milk chocolate, bars broken into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 15 by 10 by 1-inch jelly roll pan with tin foil.
- Lightly spray foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place saltine crackers, salty side up, in prepared pan.
- In a saucepan, boil butter and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond extract.
- Pour mixture over crackers and bake for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with candy bars, and spread evenly as chocolate begins to melt.
- Cool slightly and transfer onto waxed paper.
- Allow to cool completely.