Recipe by True Texas
From Paula Deen Food Network. I make these for our Christmas Eve celebration for the family. We loved them.
Top Review by cita705_12754854
I have never liked Pimento cheese, due to the fact it had cottage cheese in it, which I can not bring myself to eat. I just assumed, that was the way it is made. I attended a cocktail party last year and pimento cheese was served along with crackers. The hostess said " you have to try this" I explained, that I don't like cottage cheese, she assured me, that there was no cottage cheese in this recipe. I tasted it and, it was delish. I just made this recipe and it, is also delish. I grated one 8oz. block of chedder and 4 oz. of monterey jack, I also added a couple pinches of cayene pepper. I had it on a slider bun, can't wait to taste it after it sits in the fridge for awhile. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, with juice, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the shredded cheese together with the pimientos. Stir in the mayonnaise.
- With a metal spoon (pimientos will stain plastic or wood), stir until the mixture is well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir again. Keep covered in the fridge until ready to use.
- Serve with corn chips or bread.