- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 118.29 ml butter, cut into cubes and softened
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In food processor fitted with steel blade, combine flour, baking powder, salt and Parmesan, and pulse 3 times or until blended.
- Add cubed butter to dry mixture.
- Run processor for 45 seconds, until butter is blended with dry ingredients (you can also stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl, then cut butter into dry mixture with 2 knives used scissor-fashion).
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl, and pour into the flour mixture all at once.
- Mix gently with a fork until dough sticks together; it will be rather wet.
- Turn dough onto floured board and, with floured hands, knead gently 3 times, until dough holds together.
- Dough will still be moist, pat out to a circle that is half an inch thick.
- Cut into scones on an ungreased baking sheet, brush the tops with 2 T melted butter and sprinkle each with a pinch or two of Parmesan. (Reroll any leftover dough).
- Bake 11-13 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.