1/3 Photos of Paula Deen's Parmesan Scones
These are a great alternative to serving regular bread with dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In food processor fitted with steel blade, combine flour, baking powder, salt and Parmesan, and pulse 3 times or until blended.
- 3Add cubed butter to dry mixture.
- 4Run processor for 45 seconds, until butter is blended with dry ingredients (you can also stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl, then cut butter into dry mixture with 2 knives used scissor-fashion).
- 5Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- 6Combine egg and milk in a small bowl, and pour into the flour mixture all at once.
- 7Mix gently with a fork until dough sticks together; it will be rather wet.
- 8Turn dough onto floured board and, with floured hands, knead gently 3 times, until dough holds together.
- 9Dough will still be moist, pat out to a circle that is half an inch thick.
- 10Cut into scones on an ungreased baking sheet, brush the tops with 2 T melted butter and sprinkle each with a pinch or two of Parmesan. (Reroll any leftover dough).
- 11Bake 11-13 minutes, until golden brown.
- 12Serve warm with butter.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Parmesan Scones
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 308.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g