Paula Deen's Orange Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- To make the brownies, stir together flour, granulated sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add butter, eggs, orange extract and orange zest. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown and set.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and pierce entire cake with a fork. Spread the Orange Cream Cheese Frosting over completely cooled brownies. Cut into squares.
- To make the frosting, whip the butter and cream cheese together in a large mixing bowl, using a hand-held mixed. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until it is all combined and smooth. Beat in the orange zest and juice. Spread over browwnies.