1/1 Photo of Paula Deen's One-Eyed Sailor
This looks like a delicious breakfast dish that Paula prepared on her show recently.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For cheese sauce, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the flour.
- 2Cook until smooth and bubbly, about 1 minute.
- 3Gradually add the warm milk and stir until combined.
- 4Stir in the seasonings and cheese.
- 5Constantly stir until cheese is smooth, thick and melted.
- 6Set aside and keep warm to serve with the eggs.
- 7For eggs:.
- 8Using a biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or mold, cut a nice hole in the center of the bread.
- 9Butter both sides of bread and place in a cast iron saute pan over medium heat.
- 10Crack the eggs into the holes and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Once the egg starts to set, flip over and continue cooking the other side until set.
- 12Serve eggs with cheese sauce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's One-Eyed Sailor
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1263.1
- Calories from Fat 836
- Total Fat 92.8 g
- Saturated Fat 56.1 g
- Cholesterol 469.3 mg
- Sodium 1878.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 56.8 g