Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
This is a Paula Deen classic made with a spiral-sliced ham coated with a brown sugar/mustard glaze and then covered with pineapple rings, maraschine cherries and cloves. I found this in the December 2009 Food Network Magazine. Note: I am guessing on the size of the jar for the maraschino cherries. The recipe just calls for a small jar.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a very good ham glaze. I used a regular ham vs. spiral sliced and left off the cloves. It makes a very attractive presentation. Thanks for the post. Made for the AUS/NZ Make My Recipe tag, November, 2011.
- 1 spiral-sliced ham
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, juice reserved
- 15 -20 whole cloves (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven as directed on the ham package and follow the instructions for baking the ham. Remove the ham from the oven about 30 minutes before the end of the warming time.
- Decoratively arrange the pineapple slices on top of the ham, securing the with whole cloves, if using, or toothpicks. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple and secure with a clove or toothpick.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and just enough of the reserved pineapple juice to make a thick glaze. Spoon the glaze over the ham and bake for the remaining 30 minutes. Remove the ham from the oven, transfer to a cutting board and carve.