Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a twist on a tradition Southern favorite. She mentions that the dressing will bring out the water in the slaw making it creamier while sitting, so don't think it's not enough when you first stir together!
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, white and green parts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Combine cabbage, almonds, cranberries, celery, green onions, and green pepper in a large plastic bowl with a snap-on lid.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour dressing over slaw just before serving. Stir well.
I'll be making this to bring to 4th of July pot luck. The newly remodled smaller Paula is living proof that one can bring fabulous meals to the table ... minus the butter!
I had this today at a work pot luck. When my friend told me it was a Paula Deen recipe, I thought, "No doubt there's a stick of butter somewhere in this recipe!" Imagine my pleasant surprise to see fat-free mayo and NO BUTTER. Very tasty, great combo of flavors and and textures.