Recipe by Vols Fan
This is a twist on a tradition Southern favorite. She mentions that the dressing will bring out the water in the slaw making it creamier while sitting, so don't think it's not enough when you first stir together!
Top Review by jaybee1943_11730202
I'll be making this to bring to 4th of July pot luck. The newly remodled smaller Paula is living proof that one can bring fabulous meals to the table ... minus the butter!
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, white and green parts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cabbage, almonds, cranberries, celery, green onions, and green pepper in a large plastic bowl with a snap-on lid.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour dressing over slaw just before serving. Stir well.