Prep 0 mins
Cook 14 mins
I found this in Paula's New Magazine. I felt it would be great for a Valentine's dinner. Paula says this cake is great alone, but it can be topped with vanilla ice cream or a raspberry sauce. The recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
- 6 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate squares
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Preheat oven to 425°F Grease 6 (6-ounce) custard cups.
- Melt chocolates and butter in the microwave or in a double boiler. Add flour and sugar to chocolate mixture. Stir in eggs until smooth. Stir in vanilla and Grand Marnier. Divide batter evenly among custard cups.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Edges should be firm but the center will be runny. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and invert onto dessert plate.
- Top with vanilla ice cream or raspberry sauce. (Topping optional).
I made this for my husband on Valentine's Day and he loved it (as did the kids). Substituted 8-oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, used four whole eggs and omitted the Grand Marnier. Baked in six large silicone muffin cups for 14 min. They were easy to remove after cooling for 5 min or so. The centers were wonderfully gooey. Served with a drizzle of raspberry sauce on the side. Great recipe! This is definitely going in the family recipe book.
Made this exactly except left out the Grand Marnier. Baked in ramekins for exactly 14 minutes. Only used 5 ramekins instead of 6( that's all I had), so wondered if they would be cooked enough. The cake was moist in the middle, but not gooey. Next time I will go a few minutes less on the baking time. The taste was good, but just would prefer them to be less firm in the middle.
Made this today for a Thanksgiving dessert. I made the batter this morning and kept it refrigerated until 30 minutes before I was ready to place it in the oven. Served it with vanilla bean ice cream, SO easy and so yummy. Everyone was impressed. My family agreed this one is a keeper. Looking forward to making this at Christmas for my chocoholic Sister-in-law and her family.