Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Paula's Home Cooking television show.
- 3⁄4 cup crushed saltine crackers or 3⁄4 cup Ritz cracker
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped green onion, with tops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter. Divide crumbs among mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute onion for 10 minutes in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cool, then divide evenly on top of cracker crumbs.
- Beat eggs; add milk, salt, pepper, and Swiss cheese.
- Pour by spoonfuls on top of onions in tins. Do not fill to top, as they will run over. Bake until set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do not over bake.
- May be stored in refrigerator or freezer.
- Warm in oven before serving.