Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Paula Deen's Mexican Cornbread Lightened recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan, cast iron skillet or cornbread mold.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- To dry mixture, add egg, milk, sour cream, oil and jalapenos and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
I have never made or eaten corn bread like this. My oldest daughter however has. When she lived with her b/f he made her some. she has attempted to make it since she moved back home, but she never got it right. Well was she ever happy when I made this. I left out the jalapenos though. It was moist and great with Maple Syrup. I also used 1 egg instead of egg beater sub. Made for Photo Tag.