- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan, cast iron skillet or cornbread mold.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- To dry mixture, add egg, milk, sour cream, oil and jalapenos and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.