Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Show: Paula's Home Cooking Episode: Bag Lady I just saw this and thought it looked good. Posting for safe keeping.
- 2 lbs shrimp, cleaned and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon shrimp seasoning (recommended Old Bay)
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green olives
- black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Boil shrimp in water, to cover, with shrimp seasoning just until pink.
- Drain and reserve the shrimp boil water.
- Chop shrimp into bite-size chunks, put on paper towels; set aside to cool.
- In the reserved water, boil the rice according to package instructions until tender, drain and set aside.
- Add the onion, olives, and black pepper, to taste, to the rice.
- Then stir in the mayonnaise.
- Add the cooled, dry shrimp last.
- Toss and serve.