Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
There is another recipe on Recipezaar for Mac and Cheese from Paula Deen that is a bit different than this. This version has more cheese and I prefer it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter an 8x12" baking dish.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente. Drain, transfer to a bowl.
- Add two cups of the cheese and toss until melted.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the sour cream.
- Add the milk, butter, and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Stir the mixture into the macaroni and pour it into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Let the macaroni and cheese stand for 15 minutes before serving.
8/04/08 Definitely a hit with my boyfriend and I. We like more of a bite to our dishes so we added Parmesan cheese and Asiago cheese to the mix. UPDATE: 2/24/09 Made it again and had less sour cream, but added green onions. Wonderful!
Great Mac&Cheese! This is real man food.....not your usual "out of the box" kiddy stuff!
Not your typical mac and cheese. It is more casserole like than creamy mac & cheese.