1/1 Photo of Paula Deen's Layered Mexican Cornbread
From Paula Deen's visit on "The view" Looked so yummy. Haven't tried it yet, but it's Paula Deen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease an 8 by 8-inch or 9 by 9-inch square pan with softened butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, salt, and oil.
- 5Stir in onion and creamed corn.
- 6Pour half of batter into prepared pan.
- 7Top with cheese and peppers, spreading onto batter.
- 8Pour remaining batter on top of cheese and peppers.
- 9Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 10Let cool slightly before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Layered Mexican Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 691.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 8.9 g