From Paula Deen's visit on "The view" Looked so yummy. Haven't tried it yet, but it's Paula Deen!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 by 8-inch or 9 by 9-inch square pan with softened butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, salt, and oil.
- Stir in onion and creamed corn.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan.
- Top with cheese and peppers, spreading onto batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top of cheese and peppers.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into squares.
Yummy! Used green chiles instead of jalapenos since I had that on hand. Very moist and good!
Now this is good eatin'!!!!! This is the best, most moist, wonderful Mexican cornbread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used a sharp cheddar cheese in this and I used pickled jarred jalapenos, that I chopped fine, which gave it such good flavor!!! I served this with Paula's Slow Cooker Pinto Beans and it is the best cornbread I have ever had and will always make this one now especially when I make beans!! Thanks so much for posting!