Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another winner from Paula Deen! If your kids love meatballs, they should love this! Feel free to assemble ahead and then freeze. When you are ready to serve, allow to thaw in the refrigerator and then cook as directed.
- 2 1⁄2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen meatballs, bite-size and thawed
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons roasted garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley, garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce over bottom of baking dish.
- Place meatballs on top of sauce.
- Layer basil, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, sour cream, eggs, remaining 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- Stir in garlic, salt, oregano and prepared noodles.
- Pour mixture over layered ingredients in baking dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
I liked the mixture of sour cream and ricotta! Very tasty casserole
We loved this...The ingredients made for a special casserole. Nice change from the everyday dinner.
My husband loves meatballs in any way, shape or form, and he ate this up! :) I used fresh mushrooms in mine, but other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. Very good.