1/2 Photos of Paula Deen's Layered Meatball Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Another winner from Paula Deen! If your kids love meatballs, they should love this! Feel free to assemble ahead and then freeze. When you are ready to serve, allow to thaw in the refrigerator and then cook as directed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen meatballs, bite-size and thawed
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons roasted garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese or 1 1/2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley, garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 2Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce over bottom of baking dish.
- 3Place meatballs on top of sauce.
- 4Layer basil, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, sour cream, eggs, remaining 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- 6Stir in garlic, salt, oregano and prepared noodles.
- 7Pour mixture over layered ingredients in baking dish.
- 8Top with cheese.
- 9Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until bubbly.
- 10Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Layered Meatball Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.1
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 154.3 mg
- Sodium 1539.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: