Recipe by Mande-kay
I was watching Paula Deen on Food Network the other day and she made these and they looked so good.
Top Review by SweetsLady
Wonderful recipe! I double dipped by putting in the breadcrumbs first, then butter, then breadcrumbs again. I ended up having to do more butter and breadcrumbs, but that is ok because they were delish. I also flipped them over halfway through baking. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- marinara sauce or honey mustard, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a pie plate or platter, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, thyme, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper.
- Dip the chicken strips in the melted butter, then dredge them in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken strips in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken sticks hot with marinara sauce, or serve hot or cold with honey mustard.